Fire Risk Assessment Services are vital for properties, particularly those in commercial and shared residential buildings. A fire risk assessment is required under the Regulatory (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to assess fire safety (including passive and active safety measures) relevant to workplaces and buildings with 2 or more sets of domestic premises.
Commercial/Workplace Premises – FRA is required where there are 5 or more employees, whether an oﬃce, shop, hotel, or healthcare facility. Where the risk of fire may be greater such as a coffee shop/small restaurant, it is advised the FRA is conducted regardless of employee numbers.
Residential Premises – FRA is required where there are two or more units such as flatted developments, converted premises, or shared accommodation such as HMOs (Houses of Multiple Occupancy). It should be noted that a HMO licence is not a substitute for the FRA.
Clockwork can provide a Fire Risk Assessment service in Cardiff, Newport and Swansea to identify and reduce the risk of fire where required.
What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
- A comprehensive review which covers a series of checks
- Assesses fire preventative measures
- Identifies the potential risks
- Helps to put a fire safety plan in place
- Uses relevant legislation and guidance
- Aim is to ensure occupants are protected as is reasonably practicable
- Communicate the findings and make recommendations on the property
Who needs a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Business owners
- Delegated property management agents
- Individuals who maintain control of the property
The above would be classed as legally the “Responsible Persons” or “Duty Holders”. By law they are responsible for the fire safety of the premises and any relevant persons who may be lawfully on the premises or any person who may be in the immediate vicinity of the premises who is at risk from a fire on the premises. They are also responsible for having a fire safety plan in place so that people can quickly reach a place of safety.
How can Clockwork help?
- Remove the stress of completing a Fire Risk Assessment by providing a Fire Risk Assessor.
- We will produce a fire risk assessment report which includes details of any significant findings
- We will provide clear and concise action plan detailing actions recommended
- We complete a full assessment of any risk and hazardous areas in the building.
- We ensure that recommendations are appropriate to the premises and business circumstances to effectively reduce, minimise or manage risks.
- Our assessments and recommendations are developed to ensure not only the safety of employees and others who may be affected by a fire on the premises but also protection to the premises and its contents.
Prices are set on the size of the property and start at £175+VAT.
Clockwork Fire Risk Assessments may be able to be carried out further afield, contact us for more information
Fire Risk Assessment Services
Call us on 02920 602444 or email to discuss your fire risk assessment needs.
Talk to us for more information
If you’d like to discuss our service options and packages or need advice regarding maintenance issues, please give us a call on 02920 602444 or: